Monday, May 23, 2011

Promotion Speech?

Will I or won't I ? Should I or shan't I? Do the promotion speech that is. This is what I'm thinking if I do the speech:

 There is a quote from a book I was reading that reminded me of this moment: There is a tide in the affairs of men. Which,taken at the flood ,leads on to fortune; Omitted, all the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and in miseries. On such a full sea are we now afloat, And we must take the current when it serves, Or lose our ventures. I think that means that we have to cease the moments that come to us and when we do that will lead to good opportunities and fortune. So, as we move on to middle school, I think that we should seize the opportunity to be great and to work hard because maybe if we're lucky it will lead to better things. And those better things will have been made possible by the experiences that this school has given us. With friends, technology, and just plain fun. So  thank you everyone that has ever helped me because I am so thankful for you and this school.

So, should I submit it ? Come on help me out!!!


1 comment:

  1. Yes, you should submit it because you've already started it and it's good!
    BTW, I think you meant "seize" instead of "cease," which means stop, the opposite of what your meaning. Your book's prose sounds kind of intense...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...